Located at the southeast corner of Woodward and Grand Circus Park, the David Broderick Tower and the David Whitney Building serve as a grand entrance into the Lower Woodward Commercial District. Built in 1928, as the 34-story Eaton Tower, the building was proudly the second-tallest skyscraper in Michigan at the time. After completion, the local press labeled the style of the Eaton Tower “late Italian Renaissance.” Louis and Paul Kamper, from the Detroit based Louis Kamper, Inc. were the architects for the Eaton Tower. Louis Kamper, Inc. also designed the Book-Cadillac, Book Tower, and many other notable buildings in Detroit. The Eaton Tower underwent a name change in 1945, when David Broderick, an insurance broker, bought the prestigious building and named it after himself. Today Motown Construction Corporation is planning to restore the building’s exterior while converting the former medical offices into apartments, offices, and retail. The exterior windows, limestone, and granite panels will be completely restored. The grand interior lobby with its black granite and renaissance bronze details will also be restored to their original grander. The project will also include the reconstruction of the adjacent 1556 Woodward as a retail tenant.