This project involved the conversion of the Randolph Centre Building into mixed use development containing an 8,400 square foot restaurant/bar space on the ground floor and mixture of live/work lofts on the upper floors totaling 24,500 square feet.
The adaptive reuse of this 1908 retail and warehouse building to include commercial loft offices and ground floor restaurant. The development includes the complete renovation of the building’s interior and the mechanical and electrical systems. The renovation required the introduction of a new central elevator and stair tower which services all three tenant floors and basement. The ground floor facade of this building was completely renovated to include storefront glazing and a relocated entrance. Extensive exterior design alterations were implemented in accordance with the U.S. Department of the Interior Standards.
Kraemer Design Group worked on the redevelopment and complete preservation of this neoclassical building, dedicated in 1895. KDG is under contract with Detroit’s DDA for the protection of the building envelope and has developed a complete set of design drawings for the interior renovation for a private developer.
The current program for the building includes the restoration of the vintage bowling alley in the basement, steak restaurant on the main level, a billiards hall on the second level and the restoration of the grand ballroom on the third floor.
The adaptive reuse of three and a half story mixed use historic building to include ground floor retail space, commercial office space and residential “urban” lofts. The 12,000 square foot building includes fully restored decorative plaster, ornamental woodwork, and decorative tile flooring.
Kraemer Design Group was instrumental in assisting the owners of these developments in securing historic tax credits for each of the projects.